School's out!
Hey all!Finally, school is done! I had my last class last Fri and I've been doing stuff or lazing about since then. But more on that another time.Other than staying up late to finish up papers, I have been doing other stuff too. On Apr 21st, I got to go and see my very first Baseball game! It was kinda cool actually. We went to see the Altoona curve, a minor league baseball team and caught one of their games live in Altoona at their stadium. My friends were continuously explaining what the heck was going on and how the scoring worked...probably irritated the people sitting in front of with our babbling:) 2 days later, I got to see our college baseball team in action at the school's baseball field. It wasn't as good because I couldn't see much from where I was sitting.My finals all went pretty OK. I had to sign a song in ASL( sign language) for my ASL finals and I chose to sign 'Silent Night' cause I know most of the words and its SLOW:) I was kind of nervous at first since I had to sign to the speed of the song playing and not go off in my own time but it went well in the end.I've also been teaching my friends Singlish and the results have been hilarious! Caitlin N. seems to find it especially hilarious and funky that Singaporeans end sentences with 'lah' or 'leh'. So now and then She'd talk to me like that and I'll just burst out laughing cause sometimes her imitation is exactly how Singaporeans talk! If I didn't know who it was, I'd think it was a Singaporean.haha...I came across something very disturbing a couple of weeks ago; a documentary about 'The most hated family in America' done by BBC. The documentary is posted on Youtube so if anyone is interested, I highly recommend you go and watch it. Watching it made me so angry at these people and I applaud the reporter that did this documentary for keeping cool.Moving over to local news, there was a big fire a couple of weeks back that killed 10 people near our area. A whole house burnt down and everyone inside but i think 2 people died. Of the 10, 9 of them were from the same family. Whats worst is that the people killed were close relatives to one of the students from the college. I don't know her personally, but she's in one of my classes. Those killed was her sister, her sister's children and one of the children's baby. The only one not part of the family that was killed was a friend of one of the kids satying the night at the house. It was just so sad! I think the post is getting too long so I'll post up the rest tomorrow or something.Tata!!
Nikita at 12:04 AM