End to a wonderful break
So I'm back to school tomorrow...sigh.
Its been yet another good break with me trying out new stuff:) As you know, I spending my break with my friend from choir at her house near the Poconos Mountains( Mt Bethel to be exact). Its beautiful here!! There's lots of woods and trees in the fall colours and a pretty lake near by. She has a dog and a cat and they're both adorable although I don't really know how to act around the cat:P
On Fri after we drove from Cresson, the whole family and I went to one of Amy's grandparents house for dinner. From there, Amy and I drove to see her High school marching band at their high school football game so that I could get info for a music paper I had to do. It was a special
On Sat, I went deer hunting along with Amy's dad and Amy. Amy's Dad had already shot a deer but it apparently got away since its wound was not serious. So we went along later to help to search for it. I was placed as the look out on the trail while the they went into the foliage to look for the deer since I did not want to see them shoot a deer up close! I was just to inform them if the deer ran away from them past me and make I know which direction it did go. However, in the end we never did find it...so I never did see a dead deer...then in the afternoon Amy and I made Jewish Apple cake for the big family dinner that was going to take place later that night. Both sets of grandparents and her godmother and her grandson joined us. Basically I was interrogated from all sides and had to repeatedly repeat stuff cause most of them were kinda deaf :P But I enjoyed every moment of it!:)We had clams which I tried eating both raw and cooked...it was an ...interesting experience.But hey! at least I tried!
Sun we got up early for 7.45am mass and the rest of the day was just spent doing homework mostly. Amy's dad made steak especially for us and then Amy and I caught a movie...it was pretty uneventful.
Today, Amy's grandmother took the 2 of us to Red Robins for lunch as a treat...she said I was adopted by her till I went back to school...so sweet of her!! Evening we made a delicious Crumbly Apple pie and just hung out and talked!! And so ends my break. event because that day, all the alumni of the band was invited to play too. We saw an 88 year old who was from the class of 1938 and who was the band's first majorette pump her baton up and down in perfect rhythm!! And they're playing so good!You could practically hear how much fun they were having just by listening to the music.
Nikita at 7:57 PM