The Play
I've so busy that I can't believe that I actually managed to survive the past couple of weeks!
Now on top of everything else that I'm already doing ( Resident Assistant, Campus ministry, Colleges against Cancer, Vox Nova, Honors Program, Peer Tutoring and Proctoring) I have been give the lead in the upcoming play. I don't even want it but me being me, I just didn't know how to say no!
I went to the auditions to say Hi to my ex-RA who graduated last year and was helping out with the play as a stage manager. As soon as the director saw me, she went all gaga and pleaded with me to read a couple of lines from the script. I think she just wanted someone ethnic looking cause the character I read for is a Brazilian. Suffice to say, she she said I was great, made me come back for callbacks the next day and eventually gave me the part. So now I have to acquire a Brazilian accent and memorize some chunks of Portuguese! The play itself has a really funny script/story though. I have play practice three or four night a week till 10pm. So this is going to an interesting semester...hope i survive to the end!
Fall Break is next week and I'm going with my friend from Vox Nova, Amy, to her house for break so that I can attend a football game and interview her band director for a paper of mine.
Nikita at 8:49 PM