<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/743157867170711203?origin\x3dhttp://nikitajonas.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g? targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSI C&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another busy and horrible week has gone by and I find that every weekend from now till the last weekend of the semester in May is filled with activities I have to do. This past weekend I had my Ice skating event for the girls in my dorm and residents in Miscigna Hall. It went pretty well...lots of fun and laughs watching others fall on their butts. Fortunately I didn't fall:)

After the event, Caitlin N, Caitlin Gary, Victoria, Kathleen and I went to State College just for a day of fun. We checked out this organic coffee shop which sells books too for Victoria since she's allergic to almost everything under the sun and can only eat certain foods. Then we met up with Maura, Caitlin N's friend whom I've met before, had dinner at
Panera Bread and dessert at Rita's. We mostly talked and caught up with each other and relaxed. Then we all headed down to 'Wegmans' which is a huge grocery store that sells lots of organic foods (for Victoria) and also many imported goods from around the world! I found food items I've only ever seen in Singapore or India there!!! It was pretty awesome.

This morning Kathleen and I went canning,which is holding out cans for people to donate in by busy roads, in
Ebensburgh, for Colleges against Cancer (CAC). We raised over $200 with just the 6 of us! So proud!!:D We all ordered in a pizza for lunch to reward ourselves later

I forgot to mention....on Friday, I went to sell
Daffodils with Kathleen at Ebensburgh for CAC. There was this one lady who I think was a doctor of some type that when we asked if she wanted to buy daffodils, she replied with "do you know if your organization is Pro-life?" My first reaction was "what the heck is she talking about? what does being pro-life got to do with Cancer??" Then it hit me that she probably wanted to know if we condone stem cell research or something like that where embryos would be used. None of us knew for sure so she went of after telling us she refused to support a group that was not pro-life and we should know such things before going around selling stuff. My feeling on this is that even if CAC did support stem cell research, our money is also going to improving medications, helping patients who can't afford treatment and so on. Shouldn't you at least try to help them then?? But anyway, I later found out that we are pro-life. For research, we only use stem cells form the umbilical cords of babies that have died from natural causes and we do not condone abortion.

Nikita at 2:55 PM
1 COMMENTS